Which one is the best for an acne treatment: e-light or nd yag laser?

Dr. Lisa Kates
Dermatology

In brief: Acne laser treatment

There are several lasers to treat acne and acne scars.
Much of the data is comparable. My advise would be to seek a board- certified dermatologist who is knowledgeable in lasers and consult with them to to see which laser would be most beneficial for you.

In brief: Acne laser treatment

Dr. Lisa Kates
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Blue light and photo

If you are trying to reduce the frequency of braekouts then blue light and a photosensitizer such as levulinic acid is really quite good with up to 1 yr reduction in break outs.
However if you are trying to resurface the effects of acne, ie fatten the mountains and raise the valleys really er yag is a good modality but the skin much be pretreated if fitz iii and above to prevent hyper-pigmentation.

In brief: Blue light and photo

Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett
Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett
Dr. Peter Kurzweil