Anyone out there ever had the yag laser used on their eyes after a crystalens?

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology
In brief: Common
Yag laser capsulotomy can be neccessary after the implantation of any intraocular lens including crystalens.
In some patients, the bag the the lens is placed in becomes clouded after surgery. This can be easily resolved with the use of the yag laser.

In brief: Common
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology
In brief: Yag after Crystalens
YAG capsulotomy’s outcomes are highly predictable with good results usually; thus can provide immediate visual improvements in most cases.
I generally wait at least 3 months before performing a selective YAG capsulotomy depending on where the capsular opacification is located. The YAG helps the Crystalens move again if bound down by the opacification. Recovery is usually immediate if VA ok before.

In brief: Yag after Crystalens
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. Marsha Davis