What does it mean if depression is accompanied by fits of rage?

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology
In brief: 2 sides of same coin
Depression is anger turned within.
.. The same energy that calls me worthless & unworthy at times (anger at self), flips and gets irritable at others, perceiving them as unloving & unworthy, etc (anger at others). That's why it's not uncommon that therapy for depression involves a renegotiation of one's relationship with oneself or a significant other, or a letting go of anger (at self or other).

In brief: 2 sides of same coin
Depression is anger turned within.
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Get Help
Depression might express itself differently in different people: some get more irritable, don't sleep or sleep a lot.
Since you're asking the question, you're probably bothered by your sx. I would recommend contacting a counselor or psychologist to help you deal with rage appropriately and find out triggers for your rage and depression. If there's a need, you might want to consider medication.

In brief: Get Help
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Dep./rage
Old term is agitated depression.
More common in youngsters.

In brief: Dep./rage
Old term is agitated depression.
More common in youngsters.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Eric Weisman