What is the technical definition of postpartum depression?

Depression. Postpartum depression (PPD) is depression that occurs any time within the first year after delivery, although it usually happens within the first 4-5 weeks postpartum. Some symptoms include irritabiity, anger, guilt, sadness, anxiety or panic (especially about one's ability to care for the child), & ambivalent feelings toward the baby. If you think you may have ppd, seek help from your ob.
Mood disorder . Ppd is known as the most common complication of childbirth. It is the emotional disorder following childbirth that includes a variety of moderate to severe mood and anxiety symptoms. It affects 10 to 20% of childbearing women and requires professional mental health treatment.
After childbirth. Postpartum depression is a risk factor after the birth of the baby and needs to be treated adequately by a psychiatrist.