Is part of having kids stress incontinence?

Stress Incontinence. Stress incontinence: leaking urine with activity, cough, sneeze. It occurs because of a weakness to the ligaments supporting the urethra. It can occur from damage to ligaments with pregnancy and childbirth but other patient's can get it from straining or heavy lifting. Does not happen to everyone. www.voicesforpfd.org.
Sometimes. Vaginal childbirth is the number one risk factor for stress incontinence. However, not all women who give birth will have stress incontinence. Many women will temporarily have stress incontinence after childbirth. Initial treatment should be regular pelvic floor exercises. For an evaluation or additional treatment options see your gyn.
No, but common. U can have stress incontinence without kids, but its definitely more common when you have vaginal birth- or more than 2 children by either route.