What should I consider before I seek surgical treatment for sweaty hands and feet?

Dr. James Cunnar
In brief: When u can't go on
This is a hard questions.
I think most physicians would counsel you to do absolutely every non-surgical approach. A sympathectomy is effective, but is is surgery, with risks. If you've exhausted all options, go in for your consult. Remember, it's just a consult. Then you can decide on if the procedure is for you. Good luck!

In brief: When u can't go on
This is a hard questions.
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
In brief: Surgery
You should consider surgery as your last option.
A consultation is in order first

In brief: Surgery
A consultation is in order first
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: INFORMATION
Consultation with a thoracic surgeon should provide more detailed information.
There are risks and benefits. While done often by experienced thoracic surgeons (vats), it is chest surgery (major surgery). Surgery can be quite successful for appropriate candidates. This link to consensus: http://goo.Gl/voqx5.

In brief: INFORMATION
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Eric Weisman