Can TMJ cause nausea?

Not generally, no. Tmj disorders, also known as tmd, are not known for causing nausea.
Rarely. Nausea can occur with severe pain of any kind. Unlikely related to your TMJ but possible. See oral surgeon for expert advice.
Indirectly.other Sx? Nausea can be due to lots of things, including inner ear problems, sinus issues, causes. Ear pain (otalgia) can be due to the above, dental causes, TMJ causes, other. Inner ear problems can be aggravated by muscle spasm in the neck, either from TMJ or other. Other causes of nausea incl gi, gyn, neurologic, metabolic, hormonal causes (icluding pregnancy). Persistent nausea, needs evaluation.
Definitely. Common symptoms of tmd/tmj are headaches and neck pain. Nausea is often present when these types of pain present themselves. Also, if a person is suffering from tmj, ear problems can occur, creating an imbalance in equilibrium. Dizziness can occur and nausea can rear its ugly head. Medications taken by people who hope the pain goes away or diminishes, also can suffer nausea as a side effect.