A biopsy of a lump on my thyroid revealed what was termed "suspicious" hürthle cells. Can I assume it is a carcinoma?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Hurthle cell thyroid
33 percent of hurthle cell tumous are malignant, you have to wait for the confirmation of huthle cells tumor and folllow the advice of your doctors.
Treatment is usually total thyroidectomy.Hurthle cells carcinoma is arare type of differeitiated thyroid cancer.Incidence is 3to 10 percent of all differentiated thyroid.

In brief: Hurthle cell thyroid
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: No
Further biopsies are required.
You should never "assume" it's carcinoma. A definitive biopsy result is necessary.

In brief: No
Further biopsies are required.
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Marsha Davis