I've had a foot fungus for six months now. I've tried 2 types of steriod creams and a prescription anti-fungal cream. What else can I do?

Dr. Robert Isaacs
In brief: See answer
Steroids actually make fungal infections worse, so stop them if you haven't already.
Your diabetes may also be a factor, especially if it is not well-controlled. You may also need to have a culture taken of the fungus. This would show which medications it would be most sensitive to. Best to follow-up with your doctor to discuss options.

In brief: See answer
Dr. Robert Isaacs
Dr. Robert Isaacs
In brief: Talk to your doctor
You may need an oral antifungal.
You need to discuss this with your doctor.

In brief: Talk to your doctor
You may need an oral antifungal.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Steven Saunders
In brief: Foot fungus
Tinea pedis should respond to topical antifungal creams.
Toenail fungus or onychomycosis requires systemic oral pill therapy as sometimes does resistant athlete's foot.

In brief: Foot fungus
Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Cindy Juster