What are the symptoms and tests for diastolic heart failure? My EKG is irregular, echo seemed okay, I was told I have a sinus tach from a reg place.

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Confused

Hello, again, undiagnosed1! diastolic heart failure is present when heart failure is confirmed (by symptoms, chest x-ray, and sometimes b-natriuretic peptide measurement (bnp)) in the presence of normal systolic function (ejection fraction>55%).
Sinus tach is a regular rhythm so if your ekg is irregular, you have something else or in addition to sinus tach.

In brief: Confused

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Umesh Patel