I had an eng done today.....It seemed to be okay until my left ear had the hot air put into it, I got extremely nausea & sweaty. Reasons?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Normal response

By putting hot and cold air in the ear, the inner ear is stimulated and it actually will make you vertiginous.
It is possible that ear is either hypersensitive or the opposite ear may be less sensitive. Either way your doctor will be able to use this information to help figure out what's going on with your balance system.

In brief: Normal response

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Lewis Mufson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Ear

Instalatio9n of hot or cold into ones ears can induce a n episode of vertigo which can cause nausea and vomiting.

In brief: Ear

Dr. Lewis Mufson
Dr. Lewis Mufson
Dr. Marsha Davis