For almost six months I have had both anterior and posterior cervical lymph node enlargement. All are about 1.0 CM or less. Should I be concerned?

Probably not. Reactive lymph nodes are very common. We start to get excited about them when they're over 1 1/2 to 2 cm in size. In the absence of any other significant symptoms these lymph nodes are probably nothing to worry about. If they do concern you, however, it is a good idea to discuss the matter with your primary care doctor.
Monitoring Centers. Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells/digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph everywhere for bad stuff like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.
What else? Have you had any other symptoms? What preceded the onset of these nodes. Suggest you have a doctor examine you, but suspect these are benign.