I have been on bc for years and I ran out a few months ago. Since then, my nipples have been very tender and sore. Is this a normal and for how long?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: It may be

The BC provides a hormone that when discontinued may cause some issues as yours.
Normally after a few months your internal hormones resort back to normal and you should not have any more soreness. Warm compresses can help and over the counter nsaids like aleve (naproxen). Make sure that if you had Unprotected sex off the BC you are not pregnant as well.

In brief: It may be

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham