My father is diagnosed of gout arthritis. He is taking gout stat and diclofenac. Even then he is having small attacks of gout in extremities joints.

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

His treatment is not the best.
He needs to stay on colchicine on a regular basis. Once the current attack has completely resolved, he also needs to start allopurinol to normalize the serum uric acid and prevent future attacks.

In brief: See details

His treatment is not the best.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
2 comments
Dr. Peter Ihle
Had the same, jumped right on it, colchicine. Probenamide add allopurinol, attack lasted 4 hrs been on allopurinol 4 24 yrs, none since but it did destroy my meta/phalanx joint. Exostectomy onlyfront go away
Dr. Peter Ihle
Pushed wrong button. Exostectomy only, &now no longer trouble @ the gym. Age 72.
Dr. Vikram Patel