My doctor gave me nexuim which has helped with burning and nausea but I now got a lot of gas pains in lower belly is think a side effect how long ?

Dr. Fernando Austin
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Abdominal pain
One of the side effects of Nexium (esomeprazole) and similar medications referred to as ppis is abdominal pain.
It is in fact one of the more common side effects. It is also difficult to say how long those symptoms will last since it is variable from person to person. In general however if side effects last longer than a week or so, an alternative medication may be needed. See your doctor.

In brief: Abdominal pain
Dr. Fernando Austin
Dr. Fernando Austin
Dr. Peter Kurzweil