Can a faint red mark on a Penis shaft 4 days after receiving unprotected oral sex be a sign of an STD?

Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Faint red mark?

A faint red mark does not sound worrisome to me.
I think this is a wake up call to stop having unprotected sex! You should use protection even for oral sex.

In brief: Faint red mark?

Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. David Carl Houghton
All lesions start small and faint. If it stays that way, not likely an infection. But if someone has any mouth sore and has a transmissible infection like HIV, and causes a skin break while giving oral sex, then transmission is possible. I would not give reassurance without examing the patient first. The consequences of not being examined could be potentially very serious.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Abrasion

A bruise or an abrasion is much more likely with oral sex than any STD.
Your symptom is not in any way a sign or symptom of any STD. Herpes is a painful blistering rash not a red mark. Syphilis is not possible to show up in four days and when it does it is a pus filled non-tender open or ulcerated lesion.

In brief: Abrasion

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. David Carl Houghton
No one can give a guarantee of no infection after answering a brief online question. If there was a skin abrasion caused by someone with active oral herpes, there could absolutely be the beginning of a lesion in 4 days.
Dr. David Carl Houghton
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

Herpes is just one common infection acquires from oral sex and starts with small red painful bumps.
Stop risky sex and see a healthcare provider to be tested.

Dr. David Carl Houghton
Dr. David Carl Houghton
2 comments
Dr. Robert Killian
No. Herpes would not in any possible way infect and then react to skin within four days.
Dr. David Carl Houghton
Dr. Jane Van Dis