Is depression my fault?

No way, No how. Please never forget that in some way , the unavailable portion of my mental apparatus-the unconscious, has co-opted my mood and reasoning. Result : depression. Depression is increasing. Approaching 18%. It is a complicated & serious disease. Both genetics and development are intertwined. Biogenetics is greatly advancing;in addition to better medication; learned psychoth. = new br path/conn.
NO! NO! NO! Depression is an illness thought to occur due to a neurochemical imbalance in the brain. It can happen following certain stressful events, like loss of a job, divorce, or death of a loved one, but it is not because of anything you did or did not do. If you feel depressed, please talk to your doctor about your symptoms. Your family doctor can treat depression with medication and therapy.
Q suggests dep. That very question suggests depression, as inappropriate feelings of guilt frequently accompany depression. There may not always be an identifiable reason to have developed depression. Depression is not punishment, even though it may feel like it. Anyone feeling depressed more often than not or not getting enjoyment out of activities would benefit from talking with primary care physician.
No. But as a colleague said the question itself is part of depression--one blames oneself for all manner of things. See a pro for some help.
Depression. It is not generally your fault but a way you have learned to talk to yourself. Our self voice is immensely powerful in producing high or low spirits. I address this dynamic in my recent book, "changing your inner voice:a journey through depression to truth and love" featured on the soundmindz.Org web site. Bes.
No, but take action . Once you know you suffer from depressive symptoms, do take the action of asking for help. Depression is a treatable condition. Many factors can trigger depression: genetic predisposition, a stressful environment at work, a rocky relationship in one's personal life or other sad, stressful events. But the sooner you take action, the sooner you can be happy again.
No. No victim of depression is at fault for having depression, but one could say that once he knows he has depression, it would be irresponsible to not do everything within one's power to seek help and do everything necessary to get better.