I believe my 1yo has her first molar coming in. She also has a small bruise spot on her cheek about the same location. Could a tooth cause a bruise?

Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry
If it is truly on her cheek then it is likely trauma from biting or something else.
If it is on the gums right next to the molar or on top of it it could be an eruption cyst. Goes away on its own most cases. Watch it and if concerned see your dentist for consult. Children should see their dentist by age 1 for first check up.

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Richard Berning
In brief: Not likely
I'm assuming you see the bruise on the outside of the cheek (?).
It's more likely she was playing with a toy and bumped it or her hand against her face (hopefully her toys are soft!). If it's the only bruise you see i think you're safe to just watch it fade. Check her for other bruises too. Sometimes bruises show up when a patient has a problem with their blood (clotting problem) or other reasons.

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Richard Berning
Dr. Richard Berning
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Probably coincidence
Likely not. But a new molar may be involved in minor cheek biting which could cause the bruise.
This should not be of any large concern.

In brief: Probably coincidence
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Adam Levy