I have underwent gallbladder infection after nissen fundoplication and my bile refluxseems to be by far more pronounced after surgery.Is there a link?

Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
In brief: No
There should be no link.
May need test to make sure nissen still in place.

In brief: No
There should be no link.
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: On the Contrary
If i understand your question correctly, you are asking if your bile reflux was worsened by your fundoplication (or was your gallbladder infection rx'd by gallbladder removal, which may have worsened your bile reflux?)? The fundoplication is designed to prevent/limit any reflux, be it acid or bile, so it should have improved after surgery.
I suggest you return to your surgeon for evaluation.

In brief: On the Contrary
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Michael Zadeh
it would be very rare to have reflux of bile into your esophagus if you have not had any surgical alteration in your anatomy. There is a sphincter in your duodenum called the pyloric sphincter that prevents this.
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery