My daughter is 12 and was given the shingles vaccine by accident almost a year ago. Would that cause an increase in anxiety and depression ?

In brief: No

Highly unlikely

In brief: No

Highly unlikely
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Sunnie Skiles

In brief: Shingles shot & mood

Your daughter is 12 years old.
A shingles vaccine a year ago, like any vaccine may have side effects, but mood changes a year later is not a side effect I have heard of. Anxiety and depression are problems I see more often these days and she is at the age I start seeing mood disorders. I recommend taking this seriously and open up communication with her and discuss with her doctor.

In brief: Shingles shot & mood

Your daughter is 12 years old.
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
Dr. Sunnie Skiles

In brief: No

the shingles vaccine is the same as the varicella vaccine we give to 1 and 4-5 year old kids.
It is just a super concentrated to wake up the immune system of older adults.It shouldn't have any more effect on her than getting a cold.

In brief: No

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc

In brief: Not likely

Not likely to be related.
Take her to her pediatrician to discuss her symptoms.

In brief: Not likely

Not likely to be related.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: Not likely

Might have her evaluated if anxiety and depression are interfering with school or social life.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Vikram Patel