I had a c-section 3 months ago. My incision has healed, but the scar itches like crazy every once in a while. What is the best thing to put on it?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hard to say

First determine the cause of the itching: 1) if it is due to ingrown hairs, depilation may help.
2) if it is due to histamine or inflammation, antihistamines ( topical or oral) with corticosteroids may be useful. 3) if neurogenic, scar massage or topical capsacin may provide relief. 4) if caused by a suture reaction, removal may be indicated. If a topical allergic reaction, cessation of ointments.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Barry Rosen
Great answer!
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Itchy scar

You could try soem scar creams, ice works great or soem over the counter cortisone cramwwwbeautybybrueck.
Com.

In brief: Itchy scar

Com.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Jane Van Dis