I had all my teeth taken out a a free clinic. It still bleeds off and on. I apply gauze how long should this last. Can food cause them to bleed ?

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry

In brief: Usually About 24H

Most oozing will stop within a day.
However, there are many conditions which cause a delay in clotting and wound healing. The most common in adults is a result of "blood thinning" medications. There are also several health disorders which affect clotting. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, & nicotine. Food is ok. If you still have bleeding after one day, you should return to the clinic for a check.

In brief: Usually About 24H

Most oozing will stop within a day.
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Gingival disease?

If you had all teeth removed due to poor dental health, you likely have gum disease as well.
This inflames the gum tissue, making them more susceptible to bleeding and making healing a longer process. Follow the post-procedure instructions you were given at the clinic. Call for additional advise or follow-up check if bleeding is constant or still present in a week. Do you have bleeding disorder?

In brief: Gingival disease?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: Return to the clinic

When you apply the gauze make sure you dampen it first or you will continually pull the clot out causing more bleeding.
You can als0 try dampened black tea bags the tannic acid helps stopping the bleeding.. If this does not help return to the clinic.

In brief: Return to the clinic

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Keegan Duchicela