Why can't I take oxyelite pro while i'm taking zoloft (sertraline)? I'm in medical field so complicated answer is okay

Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Unregulated

All supplements are unregulated by fda, so they can put 'pro' and 'awesome' and whatever you want to hear to get excited and spend money, but the fact is there are things they can put that do work, and are dangerous.
I see kidney stones, heart, liver and other problems that come from muscle and energy supplements. So with or without zoloft, (sertraline) i wouldn't recommend that stuff.

In brief: Unregulated

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: Dangerous

Oxyelite is a stimulant like Ephedrine with serious consequences of anxiety, seizures and sudden death.
There are no known drug interactions known but it is not advisable to take it even if you are not on zoloft (sertraline).

In brief: Dangerous

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Oxyelite

Being a stimulant, similar to ephedrine, & if used continuously, it would add to your anxiety & lower the efficacy of zoloft (sertraline).

In brief: Oxyelite

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Not a good idea

Being in the medical field unfortunately has not made you immune to possible exacerbation of anxiety, etc with a stimulant supplement like this.
The web site claims "university research" on their product, but they don't provide any. The list various papers about the various herbs & caffeine in it, but nothing about their particular product. Label says not to use > 8 weeks. I would stay away.

In brief: Not a good idea

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine