What triggers your heart to suddenly feel swollen and sore temporarily. How anxiety related is this?

Panic generally. People who experience panic reactions either due to traumatic experience or anticipatory anxiety will have feelings in their chest which may include shortness of breath hyperventialtion as well as the sensation of swelling and pain.
Anxiety feeling. There is a sense of a knot in your chest and heaviness accompanied by perception of heart beating fast. But nothing is actually happening to your heart. Seek evaluation and treatment of anxiety.