New carseat rec are rear-facing longer. My kids seats can rear-face til 45lbs- my kids weigh 36 but are 6&4. What is reasonable for micro-preemies?

In brief: Question unclear

If your 6 & 4 yo were micro-premies , it never hurts them to be rear facing if the seat is so designed.
Protection from the forward head snap & spinal cord stretch is the primary reason for this recommendation. You can see an interesting video at www.Joelsjourney.Com reflecting the neck injury of a 35 lb boy who was forward facing. If you have new micro-premies, a car bed may be in order.

In brief: Question unclear

Dr. Cindy Juster