Do cimzia (certolizumab pegol) injectables pass through the placenta barrier and breast milk too?

Much less so than... Enbrel, humira, and remicade. Studies of women in great britain show that pegylated cimzia, (certolizumab pegol) with a much larger molecule, is a fraction of the others found in the cord blood of infants born to mothers on the other drugs! I do not know of published studies on breast milk, but i would think the same data would hold true!
Data unclear. Certolizumab has been assigned to pregnancy category b by the fda. Animal studies have failed to reveal evidence of fetotoxicity. It is not known whether certolizumab can cause fetal harm or adversely affect reproductive capacity in humans. Certolizumab should only be given during pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk. www.drugs.com...breastfeeding not recommended on this med.