What can I do to relieve severe tendonitis in my forearm?

Dr. Scott Slattery
Sports Medicine
In brief: Time/rest/NSAIDS
Usually tendinitis will improve over time with rest, activity modification, and use of Ibuprofen type meds.
If this does not work and depending on the location of the tendinitis, injections of cortisone are sometimes used. If this fails, a few types of tendinitis can be treated surgically, but this is rare in the forearm and usually not necessary. See your doctor if it doesn't improve.

In brief: Time/rest/NSAIDS
Dr. Scott Slattery
Dr. Scott Slattery
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: While I agree..
While i agree with dr. Slattery, you can not ignore the fact the extensor muscles and tendons have been overloaded.
It is important to do forearm strengthening, best done with a polyurethane or rubber hand grip: 20 grips, 2-3 times per day.

In brief: While I agree..
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Steven Saunders
In brief: Tendinitis
Consider anti inflammatory drugs like advil (ibuprofen) or alleve, heat, physical therapy and sometimes cortisone injection.
See your doctor.

In brief: Tendinitis
See your doctor.
Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine