Whenev have period it smells like something died even if use tampons or not? Change every hour or so as bleed heavy bright red. No infection. Embarass

Dr. Cynthia Bergmann

In brief: Bacterial vaginosis

The most likely cause is bacterial vaginosis.
The culprit is gardenerella vaginalis, a bacteria that is normally present in the vagina in small numbers but which multiplies whenever the pH of the vagina goes up with menstrual flow. When g. Vaginalis bacteria die they produce the substances putricine and cadaverine. Hence the smell. Your doctor can help you with treatment and prevention.

In brief: Bacterial vaginosis

Dr. Cynthia Bergmann
Dr. Cynthia Bergmann
Dr. Renee Harris

In brief: Prob infection

The odor is very suspicious for an infection or a retained tampon.
I would recommend an exam by a physician to evaluate this. It probably is more noticeable with your cycle.

In brief: Prob infection

Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Adam Levy