When can I feed my baby honey?

Dr. Alan Greene
In brief: 12 months
We recommend avoiding honey -- as a food or as a cough medicine -- until a baby is 1 year old in order to reduce the risk of infant botulism.
Besides, babies don't need added sweets. The adventure of exploring a variety of fruits and vegetables can be more fun if not distracted by sweets.

In brief: 12 months
Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Roy Benaroch
In brief: 12 months
Natural, unprocessed honey (the kind usually found in supermarkets, sometimes in a plastic jar shaped like a bear) should never be given to babies less than 12 months of age.
It can contain botulism spores that a young baby can't fight off.

In brief: 12 months
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Cindy Juster