I have bad stomach cramps and belching after eating. I take omeprazole daily for reflux but this is newer. Gallbladder? Ulcer? Thanks!

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Cramps after eating
The most common condition causing cramps and urgency about having a bowel movement after eating is the irritable bowel syndrome (ibs), characterized by excessive tightening of the smooth muscles of the large intestines, which causes the cramps.
This reaction is usually triggered by stress in the invidividual. The cramps are often relieved by having a bm. There is no med for this. Reduce stress.

In brief: Cramps after eating
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery