I have had enlarged tonsils for three months and can't get rid of this mucous in my throat, what could it be?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Large tonsils

It could just be your enlarged tonsils, which tend to pool secretions (provide a lot of nooks and crevices).
That they are enlarged is indicative that there is already chronic inflammation present. Once these get significantly enlarged they take a long time (several months) to go down. If they don't go down after several months, and they are still bothering you, you might consider tonsillectomy.

In brief: Large tonsils

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Jack Hinkle