Recently a leg injury gave me a giant bruise. A previous bruise caused the skin to open and I had to have wound care. Do not take blood thinners/no diabetes. Is there anyway I can promote healing?

Dr. Nicholas Mexas

In brief: Cover the wound

Research has shown that healing is promoted by maintaining an occluded, moist environment.
If the wound has drainage you should place a product which absorbs it such as an Alginate, if it is too dry place a gell like Silvasorb. Keep it occluded with gauze or other products for 2-3 days and keep the area clean.

In brief: Cover the wound

Dr. Nicholas Mexas
Dr. Nicholas Mexas
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care

In brief: You need to

get some type of compression therapy to keep the swelling and edema in check for if the pressure increases and the skin dies you will have a large wound that will take time to heal.

In brief: You need to

Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Blood thinners

Would make the bruise and healing worse.
There really is not much you can do to helps bruise heal faster . Hopefully you did not bruise as much under the skin with this one as you sis with the las one. It should heal in a couple of weeks if it is not too bad

In brief: Blood thinners

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Connie Anderson

In brief: Hematoma

Elevate the leg and apply warm compresses.
If swelling or pain increases seek medical advice immediately

In brief: Hematoma

Dr. Connie Anderson
Dr. Connie Anderson