Can poison oak be lethal if it gets into the bloodstream?

Poison oak. Generally results in an intense contact dermatitis with rah and itching. More serious allergic reactions can occur and may affect breathing but it is not truly a poison that gets into the blood. It starts an autoimmune response in the body.
Poison Oak risks. Poison oak contains a chemical found in the leaves, stems and roots, whch binds to the skin after touching the plant, triggering a contact dermatitis in sensitive individuals. The rash is usually itchy, red, swollen and can blister and ooze. The chemical does not get into the bloodstream and the reaction is not usually fatal, however burning the plant and inhaling the fumes can cause lung damage.