When should I see my physician about my voice?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Chronic hoarseness

You should see an ENT when you have a persistently hoarse voice.
This is especially true when one has a strong history of smoking and drinking. Other reasons include pain with talking, change in voice, loss of voice.

In brief: Chronic hoarseness

Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
One of the most common causes for voice loss is laryngopharyngeal reflux. (LPR). It is a form of reflux that is often "silent" and not noticed by the sufferer. Tiny amounts of acid that get to the back of the throat cause swelling and irriation. A dry cough is also common.. Avoiding caffeine , alcohol and late meals may improve these symptoms but acid blockers are often neeeded.
Dr. Russell Lieblick
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Immediately

Voice changes can be a result of all sorts of things including throat cancers and neck infections.
Most likely you are not dealing with these major issues, but checking it out is important.

In brief: Immediately

Dr. Russell Lieblick
Dr. Russell Lieblick
Dr. Andrea Brand