I'm 22.. As long as I can remember my left knee & left ankle always pop when I walk or workout & they also ache a lot.. Any ideas?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me try to help
So long as you aren't in pain, popping is normal, and it has the medical name crepitus.
It's almost always harmless, but it surely can be a conversation starter- my knee joints have always been noisy.But if start bother you please check it out.Good luck.

In brief: Let me try to help
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Martin Raff
It is normal to have some joints "popping", but not normal for them to be painful. Suggest you see an orthopedist.
Dr. Frank Pettrone
Sports Medicine
In brief: Observe
Popping of the knee usually is not significant e.
g. Knee cap with knee bending. If it's painful or associated with catching, that's significant and may indicate a meniscus tear. For the ankle tendons sliding by the bony prominences can cause popping but not be significant. Obsvere.

In brief: Observe
Dr. Frank Pettrone
Dr. Frank Pettrone
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine