What are treatment options for bunions or bone spurs?

Shoes / surgery. My understanding of your problem makes me think that you are concerned about bone spurring around your bunion deformity. You may have hallux limitus. This is usually spurring to the top of the joint causing limitation of movement and discomfort. Conservative care consists of a stiffer, thicker soled shoe with good support. Surgery may be needed based on symptoms. See your foot specialists. Dr l.
Many options. Treatment options for the management of bunions and bone spurs include conservative and surgical management. Conservative management options include use of orthotic devices, change in shoe wear, medications such as oral no-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids), steroid injections, padding, splinting and strapping.
Surgery or Not. Bunions are deformities where the great toe meets the metatarsal bone behind it. The toe usually bends toward the 2nd toe. The bump at the joint is often irritated by shoe pressure. If different shoes, pads, etc don't relieve the pain, surgery is indicated. Bone spurs can be anywhere, but the approach is the same. Prevent pressure and use antiinflammatories. If no better, surgery.
Bunion surgery. There are no braces or exercises to get rid of a bunion. If you have it surgically removed, there are several ways your surgeon could go about it. Depending on the angle of your bones (you'll need an x-ray), there are many different procedures to correct your foot. If you do not want surgery, there are inserts or injections to decrease your pain, but they won't make the bunion go away.
Several options. Start out by making sure that you are wearing the proper size and width of shoe to keep pressure off the area. You may want to use pads on the areas to keep pressure off the painful sights. There is always the option of surgery to correct the bunion and remove the bone spurs.
Bunions & spurs. Standard medical treatment is with foam pads or donuts to relieve pressure, Ibuprofen for inflamation (or a cortisone injection), and rest. In advanced or severe cases surgery is often done. The thing to be careful about is surgery for heel spurs. A lot of people, if you xray their heals, have bone spurs but have no symptoms. There is no point in removing a spur not causing the problem.