I recently added extra virgin olive oil to my diet in the mornings.. I never ate oil before.. I'm nauseated now.. Could the oil be why?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Could be if too much

Too oily/fatty foods slow down digestion and thus food stay in stomach for longer than usual, and if significant can cause nausea.
As for u, stopping it to see if the nausea goes away and u have your answer. I would not recommend eating the olive oil by itself, but rather use it for coooking, making salads etc...Also, check for pregnancy as this can cause morning sickness...Good luck.

In brief: Could be if too much

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Adam Smith