Unable to open mouth all the way month for work on back upper tooth. What are my options?

Varies. If the inability to open is a muscle related problem, moist heat, soft diet and an over the counter anti-inflammatory may help. Sometimes a skeletal muscle relaxant may be prescribed as well. If the inability to open is related to a possible TMJ problem, a more extensive exam may be needed with some additional diagnostic studies. Also, an infected tooth can also limit your ability to open.
See oral surgeon. There must be a reason for limited oral opening. See oral surgeon for assessment and treatment of this problem to enable dental work.
Sedation. Many dentists have an arsenal of treatments for managing difficulties in opening the mouth. Sedation is relatively available, safe and effective. If not general anesthesia is available but much more expensive, less safe but almost always works.