I had surgery for a fractured tibia and fibula with IM nail. In a boot now and my leg feels like jelly and heavy. Is this normal?

Dr. Cynthia Archer

In brief: When surgery done?

The first question I have is, how long has it been since surgery? There are a couple of concerns if the injury was recent.
You could have a deep vein clot. That's serious and you would need eval for that right away. The other possibility is nerve injury or maybe a regional block was done? You should have a set of post op instructions. Read that and then contact your ortho doc, discuss what to do.

In brief: When surgery done?

Dr. Stanley Ling

In brief: Heavy

Probably normal post op issue.
Would wait and reassess in the next several weeks.

In brief: Heavy

Probably normal post op issue.