I had a negative pregnancy test and I am breastfeeding, but I am 1week4days late after 42 days,I have heavy bleeding bright red blood. Is this normal?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Not unusual

If your period was late, there may have been additional build up of uterine lining in that time, leading to particularly heavy period this time.
You are not pregnant, so not to worry. Make sure you are getting adequate iron in your diet to have enough for your blood loss and feeding your baby. May need a temporary iron supplement.

In brief: Not unusual

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Peter Baumann
As a remote possibility I would think of retained placenta - have you had a vaginal exam since you delivered? Was your cervix found to be re-constituted and closed?
Dr. Cindy Juster