Hydralazine side effects?

Dr. Michael Carson

In brief: Fatigue, see below

Most side effects are rare, but of the ones that patients are more likely to experience with this med, fatigue/tiredness, diarrhea, and upset stomach are more common.
It rarely, and i mean rarely, can cause symptoms similar to systemic lupus erythematosis (sle or lupus). This drug induced lupus is reversible when the med is stopped. I think Labetalol during pregnancy is a better option.

In brief: Fatigue, see below

Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology

In brief: Several; see below

Some common side effects of hydralazine include headache, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and palpitations from increased heart rate.
More serious, rare side effects include a drop in white blood count and a lupus-like syndrome, which is involves fever, chest pain, general feelings of discomfort, and joint pain, among other effects

In brief: Several; see below

Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Charles Turck