When can I feed my baby corn?

Dr. Paul Trani

In brief: 6 months

Most experts agree nowadays that the previously-held theories about limiting food exposure to babies to prevent food allergies were poppycock and actually caused more food allergies.
That said, corn is a vegetable that would need to be mashed up to be given to a smaller infant, so it's not the best first food for a baby, but 6 months old should be a fine age to introduce it.

In brief: 6 months

Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: Depends on the form

I think the real question is, "when can my child have corn kernels?" corn can be given as a normal solid with the other solids at 8-9 months when table foods are being introduced.
There is nothing special about corn. However, corn kernels with skins are a choking hazard, and should be reserved until later, usually 15 mo or so, when chewing and swallowing are better coordinated.

In brief: Depends on the form

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Be Careful

Mashed corn is fine whenever solids are introduced.
Corn kernals should not be given until the choking hazard is over, usually after the age of 2.

In brief: Be Careful

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Mashed corn, 15 mon.

Even when corn kernels are mashed up, there is still some rough texture, so babies may not like it until they are very used to eating solid foods.
Between ages 18 and 24 months, children still do not chew corn kernels adequately, and tend to swallow some kernels whole . . . So it is better to wait until a child is truly chewing his food, before giving him corn kernels such as green giant niblets.

In brief: Mashed corn, 15 mon.

Dr. Cindy Juster