For the past 24 hours I've had a bad headache but ONLY when I lay down, and it's worse when I lay on my right side. Right side of the head is worse.

In brief: See neurologist

Does your headache if you stand up or roll to your left side? If this is a new type of headache with symptoms of nausea/vomiting or other suggestions of migraine type then, you should see a neurologist quickly who will likely order an MRI with contrast of the brain.
This is one of those few times in headache medicine when an imaging study may actually reveal something that can be fixed

In brief: See neurologist

Dr. Vikram Patel