My doctors prescribed me diazepam for anxiety, but im wary as I heard about addiction and side effects, ?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Addiction is common

"anxiety medications" are becoming overprescribed for anxiety.
They can be addictive in the traditional sense but also they can become an emotional crutch as well. Many people eventually feel they 'need' medication to overcome normal feelings of anxiety.

In brief: Addiction is common

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Talk to your doctor

If you're concerned about your medication side effects, address this issue with your prescribing doctor. Meanwhile, you might want to try non-medical ways to relief anxiety -- relaxation, deep breathing.
Find someone who specializes in treating anxiety disorders (psychologist or counselor) to help you figure out why you're anxious and how to handle your anxiety.

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Eric Weisman