Vicodin/norco side effects (for chronic pain) - do they lessen?

No. The side effects need to be addressed. For example. For the most common side effect -the constipation you can take plenty of diatary fiber, colace, (docusate sodium) metamucil, senocot tabs, plenty of fluid. Exercise like walking also stimulates the bowels and helps.Very good would be adding acupuncture, meditation, homeopathy and other alt. Therapies to help the constipation , the pain and also the underlying problem.
Why on these. The issue is why are these meds being used. Narcotics are contract drugs and are used within a fine definition.Would like to first see what is the diagnosis and are there non-narcotic choices. Not all chronic pain needs narcotics and what often happens is you still have chronic pain and then drug dependency. My first suggestion is to clarify the diagnosis.