My root has broken in half and my dentist said that I will need a denture is this true ? can the screw be replaced

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Proper Diagnosis

In order to give you an accurate & educated answer to your question, we would need to personally examine you & see x-rays of your entire jaw.
A root that has broken in half is considered hopeless. Depending upon how many good\salvageable teeth you have would be factored in to what your restorative options are. You should have confidence in your dentist understand your options & why it is advised

In brief: Proper Diagnosis

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Second opinion

In many cases, seeking a second opinion is not only warranted, but necessary.
Unless your disease is life threatening and requires emergency care, it is never a bad idea to seek a second opinion. Getting a second opinion helps you feel more confident about your diagnosis and treatment plan. Good luck.

In brief: Second opinion

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See specialist

See the expert in reconstruction - Prosthodontist.
They are the specialists in dentistry trained in reconstruction. Sounds as if you will lose the tooth , but an implant may be the answer, instead of a partial denture. Good Luck.

In brief: See specialist

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Marsha Davis