What are the side effects of ativan (lorazepam) 1 mg?

Mild except if pregn. I agree with dr elliott, and only wish to add that it is important not to use if there is a chance you could get pregnant, or are early in your pregnancy, since it can cause birth defects.
Probably mild. You don't indicate what you are using the Ativan (lorazepam) for or your age, so answering the question is difficult. In children, Ativan (lorazepam) can produce behavioral dyscontrol (mean drunk). Mostly, it is calming and sedating, although 1 mg is not an enormous dose. Worse reaction (unlikely) is daytime sleepiness if you take it during the day. No effect on heart or other body organs.
Mild Tranquilizer. Ativan (lorazepam) aka Lorazepam belongs to the benzodiazepine class of medications. It is considered a mild tranquilizer causing its effects by binding to GABA neurons (inhibitory neurons). Alcohol also binds to GABA neurons, so when thinking of side effects think of alcohol. You may experience sedation, sommulence, fatigue, depression, and even dependence. Side effects are usually dose related.
Ativan (lorazepam) Mainly sedation, lightheadedness, imbalance.