What are the side effects from taking Aricept (donepezil) if you donot have dementia?

Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: I don't know as
Aricept (donepezil) is only indicated in dementia, so that is the only time I use it.
In general, unnecessary medications cause the "normal" side effects, but cannot help with any other problem.

In brief: I don't know as
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. E. rawson Griffin iii
In brief: GI side effects
Aricept's main side effect is loss of appetite, nausea and resultant weight loss though it is less than other drugs in its class like exelon (rivastigmine).
Actually significant number of patients loose weight with Exelon (rivastigmine) and at one time i suspected it might be a good drug to help with weight loss in normal people.

In brief: GI side effects
Dr. E. rawson Griffin iii
Dr. E. rawson Griffin iii