Is Xanax (alprazolam) the fastest acting panic/anxiety attack medicine? Seems to take like 30mins for it to work for me. Is there such a med that takes a few mins?

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

If you are on Xanax (alprazolam) XR - xanax (alprazolam) would be faster. Really must encourage you to learn non-pharmacological ways to deal with panic and anxiety.
Take care.

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

Take care.

In brief: Not really

Valium supposedly is a little faster acting but I've not been impressed.
They all take time to be absorbed into the body and circulate...unless you given it IV.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
2 comments
Dr. Warren Foster
In addition, be careful with the faster acting medications as they hold a higher addictive potential. Speak with a psychologist/psychiatrist or your primary physician about healthy anxiety coping techniques.
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Exactly....excellent.