Fractured sacro iliac joint 2 1/2 years ago healed caused hip bursitis had steroid injections but haven't worked possible arthritis?? In so much pain!

Dr. Jeffrey Faggard

In brief: Possibly.

There are numerous causes of arthritis of s/I joints, but it can usually be broken down into two main problems: inflammation caused by a mechanical problem and inflammation caused by your immune system attacking your joint.
a fracture can lead to osteoarthritis of affected joint. My advice is to see a rheumatologist and get worked with x-rays and labs to determine cause since it has not improved.

In brief: Possibly.

Dr. Jeffrey Faggard
Dr. Jeffrey Faggard
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine